Wills and Probate

Making a will is a sensible way to ensure your assets and valuables are transferred according to your wishes on your passing away.

If you have young children, and you have sufficient assets and life insurance that would ensure them a good education after your death, then apart from making a will, you should also consider setting up a trust. The trustee whom you appoint under the trust will manage your assets and apply them for specific purposes for the benefit of your children until they have reached a certain age or throughout their lifetime.

Please feel free to talk to one of our practitioners if you require assistance with making a will or setting up a trust. We also assist local and overseas clients with the application to the High Court of Hong Kong for the administration of a deceased person's estate or to obtain a Grant of Representation in respect of a deceased person's estate.


Our Services :
  • Drafting wills in accordance with clients' instructions;
  • Advising clients on testamentary dispositions and estate planning matters;
  • Setting up trusts such as unit trusts;
  • Obtaining estate duty clearance;
  • Obtaining Letters of Administration from the Probate Registry of the High Court of Hong Kong where the deceased died intestate (i.e. where no will was made);
  • Obtaining the Grant and the resealing of the Grant of Representation in respect of the deceased's estate where there is a will;
  • Representing clients where an application to the High Court for a Grant of Representation has been contested.


For further information, please contact:

Home  |  About Us  |  Our Services  |  Location  |  Links  |  News  |  Recruitment  |  Warning & Disclaimer  |  Contact Us  |

Copyright © 07/18/24 K. C. HO & FONG, Solicitors & Notaries. All Rights Reserved.